I have created an extension for Google Chrome that makes playing Legends of Zork a little bit easier.
- Auto-Encounter: Just like clicking the “Continue Adventuring” button over and over again. When your health gets too low, or your encumberance gets too high, it returns to base.
- Arena helper: Shows the AR/DR, Attitude Stance, and Magic Stance of the opponents, color coded from Red (hard) to Green (easy) to Purple (really easy). Adds a “Fight!” button to each opponent that will wager the max amount of zorkmids and start the fight in one click. It also corrects the “Return to Battle” button in the arena to return to the same page that you started on.
- Auto battle: It picks a weak opponent, and fights them, then returns to the list of opponents to pick someone else. It will not choose an opponent until it has looked at 20 or more opponents.
Changes in Version 1.1
- Save the settings for each character.
- Fixed the 404 page not found error when visiting a sub-location for the first time.
- When the auto-encounter stops, the tab title changes to the reason for stopping.
Changes in Version 1.2
- Manual battle helper: When looking at the arena page, all opponents will be color coded by how hard they are to attack. If you visit the weapon store, then it will learn the stance of all the weapons on that page and use that data when visiting the arena.
- Auto-battle, in the arena the weakest opponents will be automatically selected and fought.
- When encountering, the auto-encounter will pause on quest messages.
Changes in Version 1.3
- Fixed the always return to base persistence.
Changes in Version 1.5
- LoZ changed some HTML in the arena, and the extension had to adapt.